Thursday, January 23, 2014

Denial...

Its not just a river in Egypt.  Today we (Aaron and I) had a follow up appt with RE#1 (more stories to come on RE#2 and RE#3).  My initial blood work showed no abnormal signs auto-immune or otherwise.  (Yet somehow she forgot to order a test for Fragile X and adrenal antibodies, WTF?)  We then met with the egg donor coordinator and the finical consultant.  (Finical consultant, that's what they call the poor person who tells you that even selling your kidney will not pay for the upcoming costs you're about to incur.)
None of these meetings surprised me.  Aaron, turns out, has not been living in a state of acceptance but rather one of denial.  I feel like a horrible person because there is a small part of me that is happy to see he is as heartbroken and upset as I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Here via Lost & Found. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I can't say I've BTDT because my diagnosis was DOR rather than POF, but I needed IVF due to DH's MF (failed vasectomy reversal), and also got the "it will never happen" speech, many times. (I did persist and have ended up a very grateful mom to one child conceived with my own eggs, but it was a long slog).

    I did meet a number of POF women on the high FSH boards I frequented who had become moms through some combination of luck and HRT, which I see you are trying. But of course I know that knowing it's possible doesn't make the decision-making easy (though at 30, you do have time if you want to wait before moving to donor eggs -- but, again, that doesn't make it easy to know what the "right" choice is). Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck, and success, and strength, whatever path(s) you decide to pursue.

    ReplyDelete