Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 1: The Infertility Diet begins

I feel like the Beggin' Stips dog.  Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.
Source
I finished my two day juice cleanse (fortunately Aaron did a day with me so I didn't have to do it all alone and more importantly I didn't feel the need to do three days).  He swears he felt the juicers high people talk about.  I felt no such thing.  (I should note I ate 2 eggs (at night) and a handful raw almonds both days, there's only so much green juice one can take.)  As a result of the juice fast I am looking forward to all the healthy nutritious food I get to eat today.  At this point, anything is better than another juice!
Since there are only two people in my house and Aaron takes care of his own lunches I'm having a hard time meal planning such that I don't waste any of the expensive-ass-organic-free range- grass-fed- hormone free- fresh food I've purchased.  (It took three grocery stores and a bill of close to $175 (I think)) to get as much as possible to be organic.)   Here is my weekly meal plan.

Day 1
Juice Fast.

Day 2.
Juice Fast.

Day 3
Breakfast:  egg + avocado+tomatoes+onion+black-beans+Cilantro
Snack:         green juice
Lunch:         Salad+carrots+ chicken
Snack: Strawberry Fields Shake
        1 1/2 cups strawberries
        1 banana
        1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
        1 teaspoon lemon peel
        1 teaspoon raw coconut oil
Dinner:     Salmon+rosemary+ roasted sweet potatoes
Snack:         raw lightly salted almonds

Day 4
Breakfast:  egg + avocado
Snack:         green juice ( I bought these from Whole Foods)
Lunch:         Salad+roasted carrots+ chicken
snack:         Green Shake
            1 banana
            1 handful spinach
            1c strawberries,
            1 tsp chia seeds
            1/2 an orange +1/2 c water
Dinner:        taco zucchini boats
Snack:      Fruit

Day 5:
Breakfast: egg + avocado
Snack:  green juice
Lunch: Salad+tomatoes+onion+black-beans+Cilantro+taco meat
Snack:    Blueberry "Milk" Shake
        2 cups of almond milk
        2 bananas
        1 cup blueberries
        3 dates, pitted or 1 tablespoon of honey
        1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dinner: roasted broccoli+quinoa+ baked chicken

Day 6:
Breakfast: egg + avocado+ tomatoes+onion+black-beans+Cilantro
Snack:  green juice
Lunch:     Salad+carrots+ chicken
Snack:    Cherry Vanilla Bliss
        1 banana, frozen and broken into pieces
        1/2 cup cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
        1 cup almond milk
        2 tablespoons cocoa powder (preferably raw)
        1/2 teaspoon vanilla or 1 small piece of vanilla bean
Dinner:    Spinach sauteed with garlic+almonds and Pear and Delicata Soup  Recipe Here

Day 7:
Breakfast: egg + avocado
Snack:  green juice
Lunch: Leftovers
Snack:
    Blueberry Cashew Crumble
    1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
    1/4 cup cashews (unsalted and raw)
    1 tablespoon of honey
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla or 1 small piece of vanilla bean
    1 cup water
Dinner: Cauliflower "Rice" Stir-Fry Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment